Monday 26 October 2009

Some Lovely Awards.....

I have been lucky enough in the past few weeks to be the proud owner of some freshly minted, hot off the press, and quite simply, pretty damn fantastic awards of late.

They have been sitting in my cabinet, glaring at me and demanding to be let loose on the unsuspecting public, to be found new homes like tiny little kittens, mewling and purring, just waiting to be petted (I have no idea where this is going?).

So it may have seemed lax on my part to wait this long to dish them out, but I haven't been sitting on my backside, hoarding them whilst cackling manically, oh no. I have been expanding my network, boldly going out into cyberspace to seek out new life forms, exploring new blogs, and meeting some rather lovely people on the way.

So now I have some new chums, I feel that it’s time to set these awards free on the world.

First up:




I received this from the lovely Matthew. And in no way does this award reflect on our masculinity at all, we are quite comfortable in who we are, and if we were ever to meet, we would give each other a manly handshake and talk about football. But it is a lovely award, so thank you Matt for this, to come from a writer as good as you makes me feel a bit stupid really.

So I would like to pass this on to the following lovely people:

Scarlethue

Judeaaroo

Josefine

Hope

Next up is:



I was lucky enough to receive this from Ladytruth, which really made my day. Anyone taking the time out to get involved with your blog is brilliant, and to have someone actually like it is even more brilliant, especially when it is someone who writes as well as she does. Thank you LT.

So I would love to award this to the following:

Alice In Wonderland

Tidymom

JenJen

Coming up after this commercial break:


This little beauty in no way looks out of place beside my childish scrawlings and actually lends the place a touch of class. And it was kindly passed on by the lovely Judearoo, someone who’s writing I envy, and who I also wish would post a lot more than she does.

Now apparently before dishing this out, you have to give a brief snapshot about who you are by writing your 5 obsessions. So, here goes………

1) London. I am lucky enough to live on the outskirts of the greatest city in the world, and I am obsessed with the place. I love the architecture, the ambience, the sense of place. If I ever leave the UK, then London will be the thing I pine for the most.

2) Animals. Big animal lover. Can’t pass a cat or dog without petting it. I dream of travelling afar to work with endangered or threatened species. And it’s not just the cuddly ones, even things with scales and pincers are on the love list. Just any form of animal really, because comparing us to the natural kingdom just shows us how limited as a species we really are. And yes, I am the man who spent the best part of an hour in a park in London, trying to get a squirrel to eat nuts from my hand. I’m not ashamed. Deal with it.

3) History. Geeky, but I love history. I love being in a place and trying to imagine what it was like many years ago, how people lived, what they did to survive, how we basically ended up where we are today. That's probably why I love London; you find pockets of history everywhere you turn.

4) Stephen King. The best storyteller of the past 100 years. Not fashionable in some circles, because of the subject matter he normally writes about, but the most gifted person around at crafting a tale. Some of the earlier stuff will be discussed in later years in the same way as Dickens.

5) The Wire. Yes, I am one of those people that thrust the DVD boxsets in your hand, begging you to watch it. But it is good though.

And now I would like to pass this on to:

Whisperingwriter

Mr. Condescending.

f8hasit

Susan at Stony River

Phew, this is tiring! Nearly there.

And last, but by no means least:




This cool little baby was given to me by the lovely JennyMac, one of the best bloggers out there, whose writing is so sharp; you could cut your eyes on it as you read. Now with this, the person receiving has to write ten things we might not know about them before passing it on. So these are some fairly new blogs I am reading, and whose minds I would like to know that little bit more about.

Jules

Kasabiangirl

Whysoserioustoday (New posts needed from you mate!)

Kim

And that, as they say, is that.

A big thank you for anything that has come my way, and an even bigger well done for everyone's award. I have only been in the blogging world for a few months, but I can honestly say I have really enjoyed meeting everyone and reading some amazing things. Some funny, some sad, some……odd. But all of them have the same thing going for them, they are all brilliant.

So as we all get ready to leave, I wonder if you wouldn’t mind joining in with me for a final song.








 

 

18 comments:

TidyMom said...

I'm flattered!! Thanks so much!!
glad you liked the White Chicken Chili, it's one of my favorites too!!

~TidyMom

hope said...

Are the walls in here all wavy or are those tears forming in my eyes? No, I'm not reflecting upon your previous post about eyeball torture.

For someone who woke up grumbling, "Yuck, Monday!" you've just turned this one around! THANK YOU! I'm honored and touched...no, not touched in the head although at times my sense of humor is questioned.

And I've discovered a fellow history nut! Most of our furniture is antique [think country, not Queen Anne] and I always wonder who sat at our table first and what did they talk about? So when I get stuck with family tree stuff relating to England, you will now be my Tour Guide to the Past.

Thanks again...you truly are a wonderful guy. Walter sends his regards...in a huffy, cranky sort of way.

[Cue music to make woman stop talking. Ready giant hook to pull her off screen].

hope said...

(Stupid work computer posted twice!}

Mr. Condescending said...

Dan, I can't believe I haven't ran into you before, I'm glad you came out of the woodwork and made a comment! Thanks for the award, ivw actually been awarded it a few times before but I really appreciate it!

I can't believe how you know all these other cool bloggers, they are all awesome.

And thanks for telling me how great london is, I've always wanted to go there bad.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thank you so much, Dan! This is really appreciated. I woke up this morning ready to throw it all in because I felt I was being threatened again...then comes along a hero and makes me want to stay! It's people like you that I admire so much!
Big hugs and much love!

scarlethue said...

Why thank you, I am very flattered!

JenJen said...

yay me! I don't have this one! Thanks hon.

Jenjen

Kim Ayres said...

Thanks Dan - greatly appreciated. I'm not a great one for participating in these things because the same people end up getting them, and the same people get pissed off when I don't pass them on to them. But I will allow myself a brief *smug* moment :)

jules said...

Dan! Thanks buddy. I love to find out people enjoy reading me! I haven't quite figured out how to do the award thing yet, but I'm going to try to do this in the near future. Thanks for reading me and for the award!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Congrats on your awards!

And thank you for passing one on to me. I also love history by the way. I SO want to go back to London. I must go back to the Tower of London. I've always been interested in Henry VIII...but not just his era..I'm really interested in it all.

Anonymous said...

Richly deserved awards, Dan. Many congratulations.

Rest assured, I have family in the UK and one day I will be back for a holiday - and when that happens, you and I are going to see West Ham, drink drinks and talk talk - or your money back.

Judearoo said...

Aw thanks my dear! I'm chuffed! Just back from long weekend away, not looking forward to getting stuck into work and what do I see - an award from the Danster! Made my day!

Thanks matey!! :) x

Josefine said...

Oh man, posting the we are the world video at the end had me laughing so hard I cried....

Thank you so much for this lovely award! I have been meaning to stop by for a while now but it seems I have, without really meaning to, taken a blog pause for a few days. Poor form! I shall repent.

Susan at Stony River said...

Yay! Thanks Dan!

I do the same -- saving them up for one big "awards night" that will have to come soon I think.

But... what a finale! ROFL

Dan said...

Tidymom- You are more than welcome. Some of your recipes have found their way into my kitchen and are great.

Hope- Once again, more than welcome. And tell Walter I said hello.

Mr Condescending- Not a problem at all. I have joined some great blogs, but need to start commenting some more. This will be remedied with yours.

Alice- Hero is a strong word.......but yes, I am heroic. Thank you for noticing.

Scarlehue- Once again, another great blog, that like Mr Condescending, I will comment on a lot more rather than just reading.

JenJen- Glad to finish off your collection.

Kim- Not a problem, I know some like these, others don't. Just wanted you to know that I really enjoy your blog (and will comment more, as per usual)

Jules- You can either keep it, or dish it out to others. Entirely up to you. But fully deserved as you have a good read going on there.

WW- Yours in one of the first blogs I signed up to, and it still makes me laugh with every posting. And do indeed come back to London. We miss you.....

Matt- Thanks buddy! Drinks and chat I can handle, West Ham though? Are you sure you want to ruin your trip?

Judearoo- Glad I brightened your day! And glad that I have got involved over at your place.

Josefine- That’s OK. Don't let it happen again though.......

Susan- Once again, more than welcome. Your recent post on your writing habits was excellent.

f8hasit said...

Dan..sorry for the delay in getting here to pickup my lovely award!
THANK YOU! ;-)

I'm blushing. I will get to this pronto. But wanted to send a warm Thanks your way for thinking of me!

Oh, and I'm right there with ya on the movie choices. I was crying like a baby in the firs 5 of UP.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this lovely award...Congrats on your awards :)

I know I am very late and have been missing but I wanted to say it means a lot...Happy blogging!

kanishk said...

I can't believe how you know all these other cool bloggers, they are all awesome. Work From Home