They have been sitting in my cabinet, glaring at me and demanding to be let loose on the unsuspecting public, to be found new homes like tiny little kittens, mewling and purring, just waiting to be petted (I have no idea where this is going?).
So it may have seemed lax on my part to wait this long to dish them out, but I haven't been sitting on my backside, hoarding them whilst cackling manically, oh no. I have been expanding my network, boldly going out into cyberspace to seek out new life forms, exploring new blogs, and meeting some rather lovely people on the way.
So now I have some new chums, I feel that it’s time to set these awards free on the world.
I received this from the lovely Matthew. And in no way does this award reflect on our masculinity at all, we are quite comfortable in who we are, and if we were ever to meet, we would give each other a manly handshake and talk about football. But it is a lovely award, so thank you Matt for this, to come from a writer as good as you makes me feel a bit stupid really.
So I would like to pass this on to the following lovely people:
Next up is:
I was lucky enough to receive this from Ladytruth, which really made my day. Anyone taking the time out to get involved with your blog is brilliant, and to have someone actually like it is even more brilliant, especially when it is someone who writes as well as she does. Thank you LT.
So I would love to award this to the following:
Alice In Wonderland
Coming up after this commercial break:
Judearoo, someone who’s writing I envy, and who I also wish would post a lot more than she does.
Now apparently before dishing this out, you have to give a brief snapshot about who you are by writing your 5 obsessions. So, here goes………
1) London. I am lucky enough to live on the outskirts of the greatest city in the world, and I am obsessed with the place. I love the architecture, the ambience, the sense of place. If I ever leave the UK, then London will be the thing I pine for the most.
2) Animals. Big animal lover. Can’t pass a cat or dog without petting it. I dream of travelling afar to work with endangered or threatened species. And it’s not just the cuddly ones, even things with scales and pincers are on the love list. Just any form of animal really, because comparing us to the natural kingdom just shows us how limited as a species we really are. And yes, I am the man who spent the best part of an hour in a park in London, trying to get a squirrel to eat nuts from my hand. I’m not ashamed. Deal with it.
3) History. Geeky, but I love history. I love being in a place and trying to imagine what it was like many years ago, how people lived, what they did to survive, how we basically ended up where we are today. That's probably why I love London; you find pockets of history everywhere you turn.
4) Stephen King. The best storyteller of the past 100 years. Not fashionable in some circles, because of the subject matter he normally writes about, but the most gifted person around at crafting a tale. Some of the earlier stuff will be discussed in later years in the same way as Dickens.
5) The Wire. Yes, I am one of those people that thrust the DVD boxsets in your hand, begging you to watch it. But it is good though.
And now I would like to pass this on to:
Susan at Stony River
Phew, this is tiring! Nearly there.
And last, but by no means least:
This cool little baby was given to me by the lovely JennyMac, one of the best bloggers out there, whose writing is so sharp; you could cut your eyes on it as you read. Now with this, the person receiving has to write ten things we might not know about them before passing it on. So these are some fairly new blogs I am reading, and whose minds I would like to know that little bit more about.
Whysoserioustoday (New posts needed from you mate!)
And that, as they say, is that.
A big thank you for anything that has come my way, and an even bigger well done for everyone's award. I have only been in the blogging world for a few months, but I can honestly say I have really enjoyed meeting everyone and reading some amazing things. Some funny, some sad, some……odd. But all of them have the same thing going for them, they are all brilliant.
So as we all get ready to leave, I wonder if you wouldn’t mind joining in with me for a final song.